Morrison Center Endowment Foundation
President: Justin Wilkerson
The Morrison Center Endowment Foundation (MCEF) was created with a $5 million endowment set up in 1984. The original donations were from the local community and a matching grant from the Harry W. Morrison Foundation. MCEF’s primary goal is to bring quality performing arts performances to the Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts. This is done by underwriting operating and capital expenses of the Morrison Center, subsidizing rental rates and costs for Idaho local arts groups, and sponsoring performances of national and international artists. Grant applications are accepted in two cycles: January 1st and July 1st of each year.
Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts
Executive Director: Laura Kendall
The Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts (Morrison Center) is a 2000-seat performing arts center located along the Boise River on the campus of Boise State University. It was built in 1984 through the combined efforts of the State of Idaho, Boise State University, Velma V. Morrison, and the Harry W. Morrison Foundation. The academic wing of the structure is home to the University’s Music and Theater Arts Departments.
Executive Director: Marlene Puckett
Mr. Harry Morrison's first wife, Ann Daly Morrison, was the driving force in forming the Morrison-Knudsen Foundation. It began in 1947 with donations from MK employees for the purpose of assisting employees and their families in crisis. The MK Foundation later expanded their mission to assist others in need, primarily in Boise, Idaho. Currently there are two components to their giving program:
One-time grants to assist needy individuals in the Treasure Valley or former MK employees.
A limited number of grants to 501(c)(3) qualified charitable, non-profit organizations throughout the Treasure Valley.